Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Jack Tretton: PS3 Is "Surf and Turf," Wii Is Candy On Stick

This morning, as I was flying in my car eating breakfast, I was thinking about Sony Computer Entertainment America president Jack Tretton and why Wired wasn't offered interview time with him at E3 this year. It's disappointing, because you know he's going to say something like this:

I think the PS3 is the Surf 'n Turf. You want the lobster and steak and you're going to give yourself the treat of getting the best thing on the menu. The PS2 is your favorite burger restaurant -- you go there for comfort food and it's just always good and is a good value. [As for the other two consoles], one [Wii] is a lollipop, and I'm too old for lollipops. The other one [Xbox 360] I get sick from once in a while because the cook isn't always reliable.

Metaphor number one is a little shaky (isn't making the Nintendo=kids assumption how Sony got into this same mess with DS?) but that last one, boy, that is gold. Sick burn. He just earned whatever it is they pay him.
GET

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home